The Multicultural Team’s (MCT) role is to envision, research, assess, plan, and lead multicultural, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive programs and trainings at ERUUF. Along with the ministers, staff, and other lay leaders, we hold the vision of Beloved Community for ERUUF and seek to deepen the understanding and reality of our becoming a radically inclusive community. We believe that individual and institutional awareness about racial equity is important for us to be effective in engaging with the larger community outside of ERUUF.
The MCT supports several groups and initiatives reaching towards these goals, as well as planning for Dismanting Racism workshops through the Change Team. We covenant together as a Multi-Cultural Team to:
- Contact Person: Diane Blount
- Role: Chair
- Staff Partner: Rev. Jacqueline Brett, Minister of Congregational Engagement
The Multicultural Team engages in these initiatives to further the goals of racial equity and inclusion:
Outreach to Community -the Historically Black College and University (HBCU) initiative currently meeting and conducting programs at NC Central University is making students and faculty at the school aware of UU values and principals
- First Sunday Conversations holds discussions of current events/topics of interest to members on the first Sunday of each month
- film /video discussion series in the summer and fall.
- virtual museum tours and discussions
- book discussion groups
- interracial dialogue groups
- outreach to men to increase involvement in racial equity and inclusion work
- collaboration with Pride+ on a Transgender Workshop